Friday, July 4, 2008

More things to do with your biscuits

More things to do with your biscuits + another Kelly and Garrick tester!

After finding this recipe I mentioned last post, I had a lot of leftover biscuits to experiment with. The first thing I did with them was make a mini McVegan.


Then I remembered this clotted cream recipe I'd been meaning to try out, and slathered some on one. I can't say that I remember what regular clotted cream tastes like, but this one was good.


And here's another Kelly and Garrick tester for ya'.. Chewy Banana Banana cookies! I added chocolate chips to them and they were so good. My dad was convinced I put rum in them for some reason. I told him if I was going to use rum in my cookies I wouldn't be sneaky about it and then offer him one, but he still thought he tasted it. So.. if you like bananas, or you like rum, buy their book!


Then last night I made a cookie sandwich with the banana cookies and Purely Decadent Rocky Road ice cream.. it was love.


I haven't been cooking all that much lately and I wanted to make something elaborate for dinner, but unfortunately my mom wants me to go to Arner's with her. So I feel like baking something instead.. maybe I'll take a look at the recipes I came up with and never got around to so I can get another recipe up here. It depends on how lazy I am. :)

Much love,
Jillian Renee

7 comments:

Erin said...

Mini McVegan! I'm hoping to make some McVegans soon to use up english muffins. Those banana cookies look to die for too.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your dad equates the taste of bananas with rum because of bananas foster? Oh well, that's funny. The biscuit with clotted cream looks especially tasty!

Cody said...

"Sausage" biscuits are so yummy. I never bother with the egg or cheese... just serve them with home fries.

Meghan! said...

I just stumbled across your blog and it is seriously amazing. The pictures of those cream cheese brownies are too much for me to handle.

Must... bake...

Meghan! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JillianRenee said...

Thanks durian1! I've been kinda in cooking funk lately, but I think I'm gonna try to update tonight, and try to start baking more so I can post some new recipes. Glad to hear from you. =)

Melynda said...

That looks way too delicious. I am so going to try that. I've been craving sweets really badly lately.

Oh and you've been TAGGED! :)
Go here and find out what to do.
http://veganicadventures.blogspot.com/2008/11/7-weird-random-facts-about-me.html