Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just a survey.

This is my second post in a half hour, I believe. So scroll down for the good stuff!

1 . If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
I'd prefer locally grown.

2. Favourite way to prepare potatoes:
Raw potatoes are totally superior to prepared potatoes.

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
I'm lazy and I never used to, but it changes the texture a LOT. So I try to now.

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
Galumpkies (meat-stuffed cabbage). I gotta get on veganizing that..

5. Any food allergies?
Not that I know of.

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
I don't have any vegan places near me, so I'd just make it myself.

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Hot drinks, like tea or coffee or hot chocolate, and lots and lots of soup.

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
Tap.. water..? I think?

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
Soda really creeps me out. But cinnamon would be pretty sweet.

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
Five Recipes You Can Make And Repeat Forever.

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
Plantains! So many recipes I can't make because of those losers.

12. Favorite type of mushroom?
Most of the things I hated as I child I like now, but mushrooms and eggplant I still can't stand.

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
Being bitched at every time I make a mess (even if I plan on cleaning it when I'm done) and using pans/tuppeware/knives/etc that's recently touched meat. =/

14. Last food you burned?
One half of my "tuna melt". So I just ate it open faced.

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
Everywhere else, bitch.
Actually, I usually say something along the lines of "It's a myth that vegetarians don't get enough protein. I eat plenty of tofu and other meat replacers, beans, nuts, etc."

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
Hmm.. I could go for a chocolate coconut cake right now. Or chocolate peanut butter.

17. Favourite brand of chocolate chips?
SunSpire.

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma - What do you buy?
I'd love a food processor. My blender is inferior.

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
I go through my cookbooks when I first buy them and make a list of everything that I'd like to make at some point. Then before I go shopping, I pick a few of the recipes and make them during the week. It doesn't always turn out like I planned, but whatever.

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
Probably some kind of energy/protein bar or peanut butter and ricemellow fluff.

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachael Ray got into a fight, who would win and how?
"Well, Paula Deen could just sit on them and squish them, or drown them in lard. On the other hand, martha seems pretty sneaky, sly, and untrustworthy. But I really do like Rachael Ray best so I want to think she'd win. "

That was Veghead's. I don't think I can top that.

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
Cinnamon sugar and maple syrup.

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
Italy or France.

24. Favourite late night snack?
Cashews.

25. Favourite springtime food?
Fruit.

26. Favorite food-related magazine?
Probably Vegetarian Times, but Cooking Light isn't too bad, if a bit meat-centric.

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
I've only had tamari and soy sauce, but I prefer tamari.

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
I can't stand mushrooms and eggplants. I think I already said that.

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Erm, just eating all of it without guilt. xD But I love the holiday flavors at coffee shops.

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
The whole world. And the people who tease me for it (which is almost the whole world..)
And the love of my life, of course, if she wasn't already vegan. (<3 Veghead)

There aren't enough vegan surveys.

Love,
Jillian Renee

1 comment:

mustardseed said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for the brownie recipe! Have you tried them? I can't wait to try these! oh um by the way, you're very pretty!